We are looking for a Senior IT Systems Administrator to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data centre.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- At least 5years experience in Windows Operating systems, including Active Directory and Group Policy maintenance
- Hands-on Experience with Networking, TCP/IP and Citrix
- Monitor and maintain Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
- Server Installation, Maintenance and Configuration
- Design and Implementation with Load Balancing
- Linux Server Administration and Configuration (CentOS)
- Perform proactive analysis of infrastructure capacity and performance.
- Perform system backup and recovery.
- Develop process automation
- Familiar with Symantec and Raid Software.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance will be preferred.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Working and living in the sunny island of Malta
- Dynamic and Fun events
- A competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Fresh fruits
- Office in central location
- Assistance in finding accommodation